Language Placement Exams
Do you wish to continue study of a language you have received transfer credit for? You do not need to take this exam. But if you wish to resume study of French‚ Spanish‚ Italian, Chinese, or Russian and you studied that language for at least two full years in high school, then you need to take the placement test. Please follow the instructions as outlined below for freshmen.
This test should be taken by students who have indicated on their Course Selection Questionnaire that they wish to take French‚ Spanish, Russian, Chinese or Italian and that they have completed at least two years of study in that language. (This test is not necessary if you want to study a language you have never studied previously!) The results of the test, a 15-20 minute multiple choice survey of your knowledge of the language, will help to ensure that the level of your course placement most closely matches your ability in the language.
To access the French, Spanish, Italian, Russian or Chinese exam, click the appropriate link below for your campus. This will then open a registration page. Complete the identifying information at the top of the page: your first and last name, your Pace University ID number, your email address and a password of your choosing. Your Pace ID number is at the top right of your admission letter and begins with a U (e.g., U12345678).
You do not need to answer any of the pre-test survey questions.
To begin the exam, click the Continue button at the bottom of the page. Once you complete the exam you will see your score. You can print this page if you would like, or you can access your score anytime by going to webcape.truenorthtest.com and logging in with your email and password.
- You may take your exam anytime prior to your scheduled Orientation, but no later than the day before you attend Orientation. This will enable us to get your score to the advisor who is preparing your schedule.
- You may take the exam only once. For placement purposes we will accept only the first score.
- Scores will remain valid for a full year.
Password Resets: http://adam.pace.edu (Apps/Downloads/Account Management page)
- Click on Activate your Account (only for first-time students who never activated their portal accounts before)
- Set password using proper guidelines and set up secret questions
- Click on Password Reset (if student already activated his/her account, but forgot the password)
White Pages/ Student Email Lookup: http://whitepages.pace.edu (Look up a faculty, staff, or student email user name)
- Enter First and Last name in the Name field
- Select Only Students in the Person Type field
- Click Search
- Once the student’s record is displayed, click on View Details on the right
If you have any questions please contact the Modern Languages Department in New York at 212.346-1498 or Pleasantville at 914.773-3818.