Student ReCoNet Fund
DCISE-Supported Student Research, Conference, and Networking Opportunities
ABOUT THE FUND
- Dyson College Institute for Sustainability and the Environment has a limited pool of funding to support student research, conference attendance, networking or other scholarly opportunities that support the students’ research or career goals. Priority will be given to students who are presenting or have a substantive role in a meeting or conference. Faculty funding may also be available.
- Student is in good academic standing.
- Student has the support of a faculty member or advisor.
- The Award amounts may vary (no minimum or maximum, though request must be reasonable and within the limit of funding pool). When formulating a budget, we encourage you to keep savings in mind, not only to make your request as inexpensive as possible, but also to stretch the pool of funding to assist as many students as possible.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION AND REVIEW PROCESS
- Application form: https://pace.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cYBROYCN7HMlzx3
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis until funding is exhausted.
- Applications will be reviewed by Dyson College Institute for Sustainability and the Environment staff and all decisions are final. Faculty who support the student application may be contacted for further vetting.
- Unless staff of the Dyson Institute for Sustainability and the Environment use a department credit card to cover registration fees or arrangements in advance on behalf of the awardee, awardees are responsible for providing receipts that show proof of payment post-event to the Dyson Institute for actual purchases and will be reimbursed post-event. Awardees must follow Pace University’s “Travel and Expense Reimbursement Policy and Procedure.”
- Types of Expenses for Reimbursement
- Personal Auto Mileage: Submit starting address and return to address. Auto mileage is reimbursed at the IRS standard rate which accounts for gas and maintenance. DO NOT send gas purchase receipts unless car rental used.
- Tolls: Receipts or screenshot of EZPass report with charges.
- Lodging (see Pace policy)
- Meals: Meal receipts must show itemized purchase. Alcohol will not be reimbursed, and receipts for just a cup of coffee, snack, gum or the like will not be reimbursed (see Pace policy).
- Student membership for a one-year membership to a relevant disciplinary association, society, journal or other similar opportunity for networking.
- Acceptable Forms of Receipts and How to Submit
- Picture or Scan: You may take photos of your receipts and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org (scanned images okay too.) Make sure the images are: One receipt per photo. Photo is clear and receipt is clear and legible.
- Email: If you have a receipt that was emailed to you (for example Uber), simply forward that email to email@example.com. Alternatively, you can PDF the email and send it as an attachment with the rest of your receipts.
- Originals: If you prefer, you may drop off original receipts to Donna Kowal at the Dyson College Environmental House (PLV). Receipts must be clipped or in an envelope with your first and last name.
Contact the Dyson College Institute at 914-773-3091 or firstname.lastname@example.org.