Green Office Certification
If everyone in the world had the same standard of living as the average American, we would need almost 4 Planet Earths to sustain our current way of living. By doing your part to green your office, you help reduce your footprint on the planet and contribute to Pace becoming more sustainable.
The Green Office Certification serves as a testament of your commitment, and a catalyst for ideas to improve your office as you reach for the highest level!
This certification program was developed by environmental studies students at Pace who researched similar programs to gain ideas and best sustainable practices, before drafting their own version to fit Pace’s campuses. The students worked closely with members of GreenPace’s Campus Culture and Academics subcommittee to bring the program to a pilot phase, and the program launched in Fall 2016.
- Level 1: 36-71 points (25% - 49%)
- Level 2: 72-108 points (50% - 74%)
- Level 3: 109-145 points (75% - 100%)
Criteria, Timing and Deadlines
- This program is open to all departments within the University, on any campus.
- Departments operating on multiple campuses should submit a separate certification for each campus.
- The Green Office Certification program accepts applications on a rolling basis throughout the year.
- Certifications are valid for two years.
Ready to Get Certified?
- Explore the certification checklist and take stock of your current practices.
- Designate a point person who will complete the questionnaire and be the contact for your certification submission.
- When you are ready, answer the questions on the certification link above. You will have an opportunity to review your choices and go back and edit them before you hit the final “Submit” button.
- Once your certification has been reviewed and approved, you will be notified.
Here’s What You Get
- Recognition of your department’s certification on the GreenPace website.
- A 5”x7” certificate you can proudly frame and display in your office and inspire others to achieve certification too.
- Mention of your department’s certification at Pace Pleasantville’s annual Earth Month reception (April).
- A feeling of accomplishment that you are doing your part to make Pace a more sustainable university.
- A pat on the back for being Earth-conscious.
- Certification is valid for 2 years and expiration date will be noted on your certificate.
- GreenPace will send a reminder to you when you are nearing expiration.
You’re In Good Company!
As offices become certified, they will be listed here with the level and date certified.
Resources and Tips
- AASHE – Pace University is a member of the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE). AASHE membership covers everyone on campus. As members, faculty, staff and students all have access to online resources and opportunities for networking, information sharing, collaboration, and professional development.
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Green Living Tips
- U.S. EPA Go Green Newsletter
- If you have any questions about the program, or require guidance on particular areas you would like to improve in your office and cannot find suggestions online, do not hesitate to contact the GreenPace Sustainability Committee via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.